The Downtown Beautification Organization
Help Us Keep Our Main Street Beautiful!
Most people are unaware that it costs in excess of $5,000 a year to put up the beautiful summertime and holiday flower baskets along Main Street. There are no government grants for this and the Downtown Beautification Organization must raise this money each year in order to replace these baskets. And while we have volunteers who water and maintain the baskets, we are always looking for additional help.
Please help support our efforts by making a donation in any amount on our GoFundMe page. Your generous contributions will help us continue the beautiful flower basket program and help fund other anti-litter and beautification initiatives in Center Moriches.
The Downtown Beautification Organization of Center Moriches was established as an independent affiliate of the Chamber of Commerce of the Moriches. We are a non-profit group comprised of dedicated volunteers. We raise all our own funds for our beautification projects.
The mission of this organization is the continued enhancement of Downtown Main Street and other local community area projects. Please join us in making our town a better place to work, live and raise our families. We need your support. All funds go directly toward our various projects. It is essential for our continued success.
Downtown Beautification Organization Goals & Objectives
- Continue our Main St. Spring and Winter Flower Baskets Lamp post project
- Continue to maintain and improve the common area surrounding our Welcome to Center Moriches sign
- Promote projects that will improve our Main Street and neighborhood vicinity
- To encourage our young people to respect their town by promoting their interest and involvement; which will insure a continued bright future for our community
- Establish a genuine dialog with other area civic organizations to collaborate on collective ventures
Become a Member of the Downtown Beautification Organization
If you’d like to get involved and help keep Center Moriches beautiful, please contact Gerry Sapanaro at 631-874-3849!